- Ground continuity check of three-wire devices with high-voltage interlock
- Front-panel adjustable leakage current trip from 0.3 to 12 mA
- One-second or continuous testing
- Automatic failure shutdown, with visual and audible alarms
- Recessed high-voltage connections
- Front-panel NEMA 5-15R three-prong receptacle
- Zero start/reset in event of failure
- Meets UL 120-k½ requirement
- Available in alternate configurations:
- 230315 - 0-3 kV AC applied test voltage
- 230425 - 0-4 kV AC and 0-5 kV DC applied test voltage
Megger 230415 4 kV AC High-Pot Tester is designed for safety and ease of operation, and readily adapt to development, maintenance or production testing. It features a front-panel, NEMA 5-15R three-prong output receptacle. Booted, alligator-clip output and return probes are also supplied with Megger 230415.
Test voltage is continuously adjustable from zero to full output, with a zero-start interlock. Leakage current trip level may be adjusted from 0.3 to 12 mA by a front-panel knob. Pushbuttons are provided to select one-second or continuous testing, to turn off the high voltage and to reset the instrument. All high-voltage connections are recessed to prevent accidental contact with high voltage.
During testing, high voltage will automatically shut down within 50 ms of arcing or exceeding the preset trip level. Visual and audible alarms alert the operator upon failure. The instrument also features an interlock that prevents the high voltage from being applied if the supply ground wire is open or if the hot and neutral wires are interchanged. A Tester Grounded lamp lights to confirm the instrument is connected to a properly grounded power source.
The Megger 230415 4 kV AC High-Pot Tester will automatically shut down if ground circuit resistance of the test object exceeds 15 ohms at any time during testing. This feature may be bypassed when testing double-insulated devices or when using test probes.
ApplicationsThis portable instrument is used to test the dielectric strength of electrical insulation and the ground circuit continuity of three-wire appliances and other devices. Biddle High-Pot Tester complies with most existing UL requirements for dielectric withstand testing, including:
- UL 544 – Electric Medical and Dental Equipment
- UL 982 – Motor-Operated Household Food Preparing Machines
- UL 1026 – Electric Household Cooking and Serving Appliances
- UL 1270 – Radio Receivers, Audio Systems, and Accessories
Specifications Applied Test Voltage 0 to 4 kV Adjustable Leakage Current Trip Level 0.3 to 12 mA Output Receptacle Front-panel
Input 120 Vac ±10%, 1 A, 50/60 Hz Output Maximum Output Current 12.6 mA Wave Shape Line Accuracy Applied Test Voltage ±2% Leakage Current ±5% Included Accessories
- 1 - Power Cord
- 1 - High-voltage probe
- 1 - Return probe, 4 ft (1.2 m)
- 1 - Instructions